Based on drawings first done by Ralph Rapson in 1939 and completed under his supervision before his death, the Rapson Rapid Rocker remains as comfortable as it is striking after 70 years.
The strong maple-ply frame provides a smooth rock and the sculpted, cantilevered arms make the chair look like it is about to take flight. Your back and neck will appreciate the double-backed, foam-cushioned, form-fitting seat. Whether in the nursery, by the hearth, or in the living room, it's often called the most comfortable seat in the house.
- Constructed of natural or cocoa-stained laminated maple.
- Six colors long-wearing, wool-like olefin fabric that was chosen by Ralph Rapson.
- Fabric woven using windpower.
- Custom made-to-order in North Carolina, so returns are not possible.
- Made-to-order, but ships within 10 days.
- No extra charge for Customer's Own Material (COM) orders, but please allow 4 weeks from receipt of fabric.